Kick Like a Pro
The Needham Junior Football program was lucky to have Needham’s own Steven Hauschka put on a kicking clinic at the high school for our 7th and 8th grade kicking teams. The boys had a great time learning from the All Pro kicker for the Seattle Seahawks.
What’s Coming Up Next in 2015:
- Jul 19: Football equipment pickup from 1:00 to 4:00 at the Needham High School Field House (more info below)
- Aug 1: Football equipment pickup from 1:00 to 4:00 at the Needham High School Field House (more info below)
- Aug 3: Football practice begins for all teams at Memorial Field
- Aug 10: Cheer practice begins this week – days vary by team
- Aug 22-23: UCA cheer clinic (A squad only)
- Aug 29: Regular season games begin each weekend through October 18th
Registration Still Available for Select Football Teams
The response from our community youth has been phenomenal again with all the cheer and several football team spots filled with a waitlist for the 2015 season. There are limited spots still available for the following football teams:
- 7th Grade – B Team
- 6th Grade – C Team
- 4th Grade – E1 Team
- 2nd & 3rd Grade – E2 Team
Hurry and register now before the few remaining spots are gone!
Football Paperwork Collection & Equipment Pickup
We will be holding two football paperwork collection and equipment pick up sessions at the Needham High School Field House over the summer prior to the start of practice. Be sure to mark these dates on your calendar.
Sunday, July 19 between 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM
- E2 (2nd/3rd) 1:00 – 1:30
- E1 (4th) 1:30 – 2:00
- D (5th) 2:00 – 2:30
- C (6th) 2:30-3:00
- B (7th) 3:00-3:30
- A (8th) 3:30-4:00
Saturday, August 1 between 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM
- E2 (2nd/3rd) 10 – 10:30
- E1 (4th) 10:30 – 11
- D (5th) 11 – 11:30
- C (6th) 11:30 – 12
- B (7th) 12 – 12:30
- A (8th) 12:30 – 1
Please read below for important information to ensure the process goes smoothly. We don’t want you making extra trips back home to get everything you need to pickup your child’s equipment.
- All paperwork including report card and physical information must be handed in to be able to pick up any equipment. Please mail it in ASAP if you are going away for the summer!
- Player MUST be present to get uniforms and equipment.
- If possible, come during your team time slot. If you have multiple players, then feel free to come once during the time slot that works best for you.
Away at camp or on vacation during these times? Don’t worry. Just watch for further postings from the league or from your coach. No player will go without equipment. If you are not back until the first day of practice, your child will be able to participate with no problem as everyone practices the first week in t-shirts and shorts.
No player can participate until all paperwork obligation is complete. We hate doing this! We really do. Your help and understanding to get everything in is appreciated.