When is registration? – Open registration begins on April 1 for new players
Where can I register? – needhamfootball.net
How much does it cost? – $297.50 for the first child with a $100 discount for each additional child. This includes all equipment (helmet, shoulder pads, girdle, pants, jerseys) excluding cleats and cup. (link to equipment page) For our 6th-8th Grade squads (A-C) there is an additional $50 charge for the Needham High School Football Clinic. Financial Aid is available to families in need. To apply for financial aid, please submit this form to the address listed on the form.
When is the season? – Practices COULD begin as early as Monday, July 31st, and through August run 4 days per week, Monday thru Thursday in the evening. The first game will likely be played on Saturday or Sunday of the weekend of September 2nd and 3rd.
Once the season starts, practices reduce to 3 days, Tuesday thru Thursday in the evening. Games are played every weekend (an occasional BYE is possible) on Saturday or Sunday for 8-10 consecutive weeks (until late October). Playoffs for those eligible the season can run until mid/late November.
What is the attendance policy? – For safety reasons there are strict rules around attendance and qualification for game action.
- Each player must have 3 conditioning practices before putting on pads.
- Each player is allowed 4 unexcused absences. (one week)
- If they miss 5-6 practices, they will play limited in the first game.
- If they miss 7+ practices, they will not play in the first game.
- If players miss 1 practice (unexcused) they will play limited in that week’s game.
- If they miss 2 practices they will miss that week’s game.
* Excused absences include school events, religious education, family illness or wake/funeral.